Home Sweet Home

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Crock pot candy

Is there anything that you can't cook in the crock pot? Who ever thought of making "Christmas" candy in the crock pot?

Okay, so it wasn't "Christmas" candy. I have been seeing this all over pinterest, and I wanted to try it.
"Testing" the recipe for a get together we will be having was my excuse :)

You can go HERE for a recipe. This is where I started out, but ended up adding half a dozen other things to mine. There was nothing at all wrong with this recipe, this is just the way I am when it comes to cooking. I never follow directions : (
I poured a can of sweetened condensed milk in with all of the chocolate and threw some caramels in there too. Oh YUM! Along with some almond bark, white chocolate chips, and pure milk chocolate chips. I never use semi-sweet anything, it is just not good for you, lol.

I used peanuts because I didn't have any pecans at the time, but it still needed a little something else.

When all else fails, add caramel!! Oh how scrumptious....If you don't believe me, look who is at my feet begging...

She LOVES caramel as much as I do. How can I say no to that precious face?

Look who is helping daddy eat his candy. She went to him and begged and acted as if she hadn't had a bite!

If your looking for an easy recipe, try this. There are different crock pot candy recipes floating all around pinterest, and of coarse you can add what ever else you want like I did. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

You are right that is a precious and sweet little face!!! It would be so hard to resist!!!

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Oh, I'm all into easy and good, so think I'll run right over and check out these recipes. I already have 35# of fudge in my freezer, 10 dozen pralines and 10 dozen pretzel turtles. I think I have enough but I love making candy this time of year. And, I give it all away. Thanks for helping me with my hobby. :o)

Country Gal said...

Oh I know you can make just about anything in a crock pot . These look yummy . I wish I could eat candy stuff like this sensitive teeth prevents me from such treats ! Oh Sophie you are such a cutie sharing treats with daddy ! Have a good day !

Dewena Callis said...

Looks wonderful! Caramel anything is my favorite food group!

andy said...

Wow those look tasty !!! I love Carmel !!! Have a great night

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Teresa, I may have to try this. Never thought of using the crock pot for candy. This may be a project for me and my girls during the holidays.

Blondie's Journal said...

My goodness...this looks so good! I haven't seen these recipes so I will check it out! Thanks!

XO,
Jane

PS...your puppy is SO cute!

Theresa said...

Can't wait to try this! I LOVE using my crock pot:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I'm obviously looking at the wrong things on Pinterest because this is the first I've heard of crock pot candy. Looks yummy!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Yum - bet those are good. Sophie knows if she stares are you long enough you will give in. :D

20 North Ora said...

That looks and sounds yummy! I cook in my crock pot whenever I can. Especially since they came out with those liners. It makes clean up so easy. Will try this.
Thanks.

Judy

Sue said...

Teresa, how simple could candy making be with a crock pot? Wonderful! I'm addicted to chocolate and this time of year is the worst for my habit! LOL :-) Sue

Traci said...

It looks really good. I prefer pecans. I bet it's amazing!

Linda Primmer said...

Teresa, your house is beautiful, all decked out with wreaths. It is a perfect look for the holidays. Tour candy is so gooey and yummy. I love easy recipes sometimes. Who doesn't love chocolate? Sophie is such a cutie pie. I know how the doggies can get a treat in the kitchen, and then go to daddy for another treat or two. Just like children...Merry Christmas...

Traci said...

This looks so good I .
would be afraid if I made it I would eat it all. Sophie is so cute.
Traci