Home Sweet Home

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It is happening again....

Yes, my mama has been too busy for me, and ya'll know what happens when I don't get all of the attention that I need. Remember the last time that my face looked like this? You can see it HERE

She has been cooking lots of really yummy things because she loves to cook......and eat. I had much rather she just play with me 24/7.  Oh, this is buttermilk fudge, by the way, and it is just scrumptious, she says.

And then there is my Daddy's office. She said it was awful in there, so...she cleaned it out, and hung a new mirror, and added a few new pics.


Ya'll know my mama is a dog lover, right?

My daddy likes the new look in his office, and he really likes it being all cleaned up. Well, he didn't act like he was that crazy about those two girly looking lamps, but my mama put them in here so they will stay until she decides other wise.

Oh, and then there is this Christmas decorating stuff. She is up on the ladder, then down digging in boxes, up in the attic, then back down and running upstairs into the junk room, digging, digging, digging. If I had to guess, my mama is just not that organized.

I mean really, it is no wonder that I am so exhausted. Can you tell that I am having a bad hair day here? Are there any other little doggies in blogland that are as neglected and attention deprived as me?

And if all of this is not enough, all of this furniture has to be moved out of the sunroom tonight (my daddy doesn't know this yet) so that my mama can put a new coat of sealer on these floors.  Mama says all of this needs to be done before the holidays.

Is my mama the only one that is too busy for her little pampered pooch right now?

19 comments:

Traci said...

Poor little puppy dog!!

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Oh Sophie... I really doubt you are being neglected at all!... looks like you are a part of everything your mama is doing!... and remember, Santa Dog will be coming soon Tessy says!... also, Tessy loves the doggie pics in your daddy's office... she thinks one of her pointing would look nice in there... xoxo Julie Marie and tessy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like your Mama is a busy lady, but I have a suspicion you are not neglected. :-D

Theresa said...

Oh you little cutiepie, your Mommy will be back with you full time soon:) HUGS!

Country Gal said...

Oh Sophie you are to cute ! You are always a part of everything your mama does you just don't know it ! Miggs sends kisses . Cute post and photos ! Have a good day !

Shelia said...

Poor little darling, you're being so mistreated! :) I'm sure you'll get lots of attention from your mommy really soon! Tell mommy her house is looking good.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carol said...

You poor little thing, Sophie. You should come & stay with me. I'm Abby, a little blue-eyed feline fur-baby. I keep getting into trouble for using my little paws to scoop Christmas balls out of boxes. My mama says she's not crawling under the bed any more, so she shut me out of the guest room where all the really fun stuff is stashed right now.

Your daddy sure has a nice office. My daddy calls his the Man Cave, but my mama pretty much leaves it alone
unless we are having company.

I'd better not let my mama see that buttermilk fudge. She's on something called a diet right now, & you have to tread lightly around her. It's a good thing she's keeping herself so busy with this Christmas decorating stuff. She just loves it, but I don't really like change that much. Besides, all this fun stuff usually means those little people (I think my mama & daddy call them the "Grands"), will probably be coming over. That means I'll be finding a nice quiet and very secluded place under a bed somewhere.

So anyway, Sophie, the invite is out. You don't have anything against my kind do ya? I don't really know what my kind is, so I could be whatever you wanted me to be. Whatcha say?

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Teresa, this is too cute!! It's like Sophie posed for these pictures...lol! The office looks great. You're so busy that I feel like such an underachiever right now! I'm not working on anything! LOL!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Why are sad little puppy faces so cute :-)

Diane said...

You have such a beautiful home and puppy! Love the office and the sunroom. Looking forward to the Christmas decor.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Sophie, I'm pretty busy too, so I can honestly say that you're not the only one whose neglected too--My pups are too--But I can just promise you that the rewards for your patiently waiting for her to have time, is always worth it!

PS: I LOVE the office!!

olddog said...

Ok did you save any cookies for me?

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Awe, such a cute, cute post! And, love all that you have done. Hubby's office is so attractive. I love the wallpaper!

And, would love to come and enjoy a cup of java with you in that inviting sunroom.

Hopefully poochy can hang on a little while longer.........

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Precious pup!!! Love the office, beautiful wallpaper, pictures and mirror! What is your floor covering and what do you use to seal it?
Thanks :)
Cindy

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Poor thing, I think we should break into the fudge and console each other! Your mom will never notice, I bet! ...and if she does, I'll take all the blame! Oh, and tell her I love your daddy's office, very pretty! ;)

Dewena Callis said...

Well, for goodness sake, if you don't look pitiful! How come only dogs look cute when they look pitiful? What is your secret, Sophie?

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Poor Sophie! I love Dad's new pictures and the sunroom is wonderful! You just come on the Georgia, Sophie, and play with Smokey and Abby! One thing though, they're cats!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Great dog pictures in the office. Sounds like someone has been very busy. Alfie sometimes sits outside my office door, toy in mouth, to hint that I'm spending too much time on the computer.

Traci said...

Sophia, we hate to admit it but our moma is to busy to apend all day playing with us either and we are dreadfully bored. Our moma is injured so nothing is getting done around here. Tell us, was tge candy worth. We hope you have a relaxing day.
Traci