Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Projects-a-plenty

I know I haven't been a good blogger since fall decorating ceased, but there are several projects going on that we are trying to complete before the Christmas Holidays...but first I promised to show you what I did with these cheap antler's that hubby purchased at an estate sale for $12.00 a piece.

 I knew the second that I saw them that they wouldn't be going on my wall's looking like this. So.....I grabbed some scraps of cheetah and burlap fabric that I had stashed, took them apart, sprayed them with an adhesive, covered them with the fabric remnants, and I love them for $12.00. Easy fix!

 
Isn't this an improvement? You go HERE to see them in the dining room. Some have e-mailed about the antler project, sorry it took so long to post it.


One of the small projects is this....it is the cabinet over our fireplace where our tv use to be when we used this room. Now that we don't use this room, and there is no longer a tv in here, I want this huge hole fixed where I can hang a mirror, picture or what ever I choose up here. So.....onto the "honey-do" list.

See, this is the whole I am speaking of. It "had" retracting doors, but not anymore :) I want it covered, and not with doors. I guess you can see our fall mantle is already down?

Now, onto the "big-one"....can you guess what it is?? Oh ok, I will show ya......

Remember all of the painted concrete floors? Well, they are being scraped up so that we can continue with the hand-scraped wood flooring down the hall way and into the master bedroom. Yes, this is hubby scraping. It has been a long process but we don't want to have to use the chemicals that we used in the front of the house, so....hubby has scraped until he can scrape no more every day when he gets home from work so that they can lay the new flooring before Christmas. Sooo, this means painting everything back here, which means no Christmas mantle or decor for the master this year :(

This picture doesn't do the new floors justice, but it is beautiful, and much better than the scored concrete.

I haven't done anything blog worthy lately, but I will be back in time for Christmas decor and hopefully something blog worthy.

21 comments:

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Teresa, I love the deer antlers! You did an awesome job recovering the wooden cutouts- what a great idea! I love, love, love your floors! You have one of my favorites! Miss you! Glad you're back for a post!

Blondie's Journal said...

You really have some big work on your hands and deadlines don't make them any easier. But I know you are a trooper and it will all get done...and it will all be beautiful!

XO,
Jane

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

My goodness, y'all have more projects and they are all great!

I have more deer antlers than the law allows and more deer heads than the law allows. I'm just so glad that Hubby has an office (away from house) where he can hang all his trophies. :o) You made those look quiet sassy. Hubby's still have the heads attached to the antlers. :o)

Will look forward to updates as you go along. Blessings!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Ya'll have been super busy! The floor will be beautiful! Can't wait to see your newly remodeled home decorated for Christmas! :)

Oh, and I love what you did with the antlers! Great improvement ...very pretty!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Good find on the antlers and they look great now! Love your floors, can't wait to see iit when you are finished!!!

Diane said...

Always glad to see a post from you. I think the antlers are very cool and love the new look much, much better. Can't wait to see the new floor and of course your Christmas decor. Hugs, Diane

Theresa said...

Love the antler change:) I am happy to see you are alive and well! Love the floors, I know that is a ton of work! Hugs to you my friend, don't stay gone so long:)

andy said...

Everything looks great! !! I love the antler project

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You do have a lot going on. Scraping the floor looks and sounds like a lot of hard work. Looking forward to seeing the finished projects.

mississippi artist said...

Cute update on the antlers.I love wood floors, mine need refinishing.You are always doing something, I don't want to do anything anymore.

Traci said...

I can't imagine having to scrape all that! I had the bright idea to pull up old carpet in the extra bedrooms & I was going to stain the floor myself. We have new carpet now. That tells you how that process went.

Rooms by Ann said...

I love the floors. I can't wait to see them all finished.

Carol said...

Wow, super-big projects, my friend! The flooring is beautiful. I'm surprised you have to remove the paint before you can put the wood down. You and your hubby are certainly working hard! Remember, all work and no play.......yada, yada, yada!

xoxo,
Carol

Dewena Callis said...

Hi, I came over after seeing your comment on Andy's blog and so glad I did. Love what you did with the antlers and your dining room. Can't wait to explore further!

All That Glitters said...

okay woman! I want deer antlers like yours!

Becca said...

WOW ... you're not kidding! I truly envy your ambition ... keep the eye on the prize. It's all going to look fabulous! Thanks for inspiring us!

Kelly said...

I love how that antler plaque turned out. Just so creative and stylish now! It looks like something you would buy at Ballards now. Love your floors. I know you can hardly wait to get everything done.

Dewena Callis said...

Just wanted to say that as a new reader of your blog, I went back to look at your Christmas posts for the last two years--I always seem to do that! I loved what you did and hope you don't change too much as it's all so pretty. Did you ever get those pretty little blue birds in your stocking? Also, I am a cardinal lover too. My husband has one male who sits nearby in a tree every afternoon waiting to be fed. R.H. makes a chirping noise to him when he feeds them and this one male comes flying down first. So sweet.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Don't know how I missed this post! Lol! Wow, you are REALLY busy over there! I know it will all be fabulous when you're done! Can't wait to see it all done up!!

Sue said...

Wow- those antlers look so cool, all dolled up in the cheetah fabric, Teresa! You and your projects- such an over-achiever! It will all look fantastic when you're done. I'm envying those wood floors, toots. :-) Sue

Pamela said...

Teresa your floors are gorgeous mama!! Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!